Compliance Analyst I
Job ID 2019-1987
# of Openings 2
Job Locations US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Posted Date 2019-06-03
Category Corporate Underwriting
Company Car Provided No
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The Filing Compliance Analyst is responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of the P&C lines forms, rates and rules filing process. This position's primary duty is state filing support. This includes but is not limited to assisting with state filing requirements, reviewing filing material for compliance with state laws and legislative requirements, and preparing final versions of filing material and setting up filings for submission. The coordinator will create and analyze reports as required.
- Prepare and file SERFF and state mandated form, rate and rule submissions. Including but not limited to filing letters and explanatory narratives.
- Coordinate updates to exception pages in manuals.
- Assist with the development of state filing strategy in coordination with affected / other UFG departments on revision of rate form and rules based on statutory review of state insurance departments or change in corporate risk appetite. Keep informed of new filing procedures and regulations by monitoring state websites and industry resources.
- Prepare responses, in coordination with affected departments, to inquiries or objections initiated by state insurance departments. Develop and utilize relationships with state insurance departments and peers to work through product issues to ensure timely resolution and marketability.
- Monitor rating bureau circulars and bulletins. Summarize findings and advise impact on existing and new product filings. Coordinate preparation of state or company-mandated form filings.
- Collaborate on underwriting manuals and forms management system maintenance.
- Serve as company liaison between state insurance departments and UFG on filings related regulatory compliance.
- Maintain and develop communications with national/state agencies/bureaus. Build relationship with state regulators who handle the day-to-day filing issues to facilitate the filing process. Participation in designated industry regulatory committee activities.
- Maintains documentation of files, fees, notice requirements, and approval procedures for state filings.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Possess or have made substantial progress toward one or more of the following insurance designations: CPCU, AU, or ARM.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry-related experience. SERFF/forms filing experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- SERFF (System for Electronic Rate, Rule and Form Filings) and state-mandated filing proficiency
- Knowledge of commercial and personal insurance concepts, coverage and underwriting
- Ability to conduct online [research and monitor and analyze industry trends and emerging issues
- The ability to work independently and in a team structured environment to meet common goals, objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and timely manage large volumes of work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Apply broad knowledge and experience, using seasoned judgment while addressing complex issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Nurtures commitment to common vision, shared values, and demonstrates a strong commitment to organization success.
- Translates strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- Builds broad base of support (consensus building) with stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel and word), Adobe, and all other pertinent business-related software systems.