DevOps Administrator – Mulesoft
DevOps Administrator - Mulesoft
Job ID: 2019-2092
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Typical day to day tasks include building, installing, configuring, deploying and maintaining Mulesoft middleware, performance analysis, troubleshooting and resolving issues. This role requires to work closely with application teams to help implement production and non-production changes, work on incident tickets and requests, assists in application release deployments and is required to participate in On - Call rotation.
- Provide day to day support of multiple MuleSoft servers as part of the DevOps team
- Perform installation, configuration, administration, patching/upgrades and tuning of Mulesoft.
- Monitor system performance.
- Collaborate with hardware, OS, DBA, App/Dev technical teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot applications.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application-related issues along with staying on top of product versioning.
- Liaison with MuleSoft support.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Willingness and ability to attend MuleSoft training if necessary.
- 5+ years of experience with administration of Linux and Windows servers.
- Prior experience working with middleware solutions or ESB tools a huge plus.
- Prior Mulesoft experience including administration & support preferred.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Problem management skills for issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of compliance standards and Production Change Control processes
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work may be required.
- On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Works with other team members, including cross-functional teams, business users, and vendors as needed.