Marketing Manager – Online Quoting Division
Marketing Manager - Online Quoting Division
Job ID: 2019-2070
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes' "America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
As a marketing manager you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Sharing your insurance experience, progressive thinking and relationship-building skills by working closely with a group of marketing representatives and agents. You will manage and mentor marketing representatives while working together in the field and leading them toward profitable revenue growth. Your strong interpersonal skills will be used to develop dynamic, professional relationships with independent agents. Your developed marketing plan will contribute to your success. UFG supports team effort, and you will work closely in a supportive atmosphere with corporate marketing, other regional marketing managers, underwriters, branch managers and loss control experts to drive our company's marketing strategy.
- Mentor and oversee regional marketing staff
- Plan and lead regional marketing events
- Work in the field prospecting with marketing staff
- Incorporate dynamic, new ideas into regional marketing plans
- Serve as a strong communicator and liaison to corporate marketing
- Manage existing agency plant
- Stay current in insurance marketing trends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred. Ten or more years of experience in insurance marketing and/or underwriting.
- Insurance coursework or designations in the following areas is a plus: CPCU, AAI, CIC and other similar programs.
- Excellent understanding of the independent agency system, especially the dynamics of the relationship between the agency and the carrier
- Knowledge of our products, including the ability to train and educate
- Knowledge of the insurance sales process
- Ability to properly direct, lead and motivate employees so the work gets done, through them, in a timely, efficient and economical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work well with people from many disciplines with varying degrees of business and technical experience. Strong business acumen; understand how to deal with business situations in a manner that will lead to a positive outcome.
- Energetic, inspiring, influential personality. Able to maintain a consistent positive attitude during pressure situations while providing the highest levels of customer service.